Postgres performance on Linux and Windows

От Dusan Misic
Тема Postgres performance on Linux and Windows
Дата
Re: Postgres performance on Linux and Windows
Re: Postgres performance on Linux and Windows
Список pgsql-performance

I had done some testing for my application (WIP) and I had executed same SQL script and queries on real physical 64-bit Windows 7 and on virtualized 64-bit CentOS 6.

Both database servers are tuned with real having 8 GB RAM and 4 cores, virtualized having 2 GB RAM and 2 virtual cores.

Virtualized server crushed real physical server in performance in both DDL and DML scripts.

My question is simple. Does PostgreSQL perform better on Linux than on Windows and how much is it faster in your tests?

Thank you for your time.