Re: PostgreSQL with ZFS on Linux

От Sébastien Lorion
Тема Re: PostgreSQL with ZFS on Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

> If you really want ZFS, I would highly recommend looking into
> FreeBSD (Postgresql works great on it) or if you want to stick with Linux,
> look into mdadm with LVM or some other filesystem solution.

If you want to use ZFS because of its features, take a look at btrfs.
It provides a lot of the stuff supported by ZFS with usually better
performance on linux - and since the last few kernel revisions it is
finally in a state where I would dare to use it in production.

If you need highest performance, don't use a copy-on-write filesystem
like ZFS or btrfs, stick to ext4 or XFS ;)

Regards, Clemens