Re: Count of records in a row

От Robert James
Тема Re: Count of records in a row
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ingenious!

I actually think, however, there was a subtle bug in, though I see you fixed it.

The line:
              - row_number() over () as d
needs to be:
              - row_number() over (order by i asc) as d

I discovered this when working your code into my application.  I got
very, very weird results - with one order of columns in the select, I
got the correct answer, but with another one I didn't.  After much
debugging, I realized that the original version ("- row_number over
()") wasn't defined! So, depending on how I wrote the select
statement, Postgres could pick different orders!

But I see your cleaned up version already fixed this!