Re: Read write performance check

От Hao Zhang
Тема Re: Read write performance check
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Veem

You should also be familiar with Aurora Postgres's storage architecture, which is very different from regular Postgres (see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/AuroraUserGuide/Aurora.Overview.html)
Aurora is remote storage, which means if your read workload can't fit into the PG's shared buffers, it will have a very different performance than if the storage is a local SSD.
On write, it writes six copies to three different availability zones for high durability and availablity. So having enough network bandwidth is a factor as well.

Ken