Re: Extended Prefetching using Asynchronous IO - proposal and patch

От Claudio Freire
Тема Re: Extended Prefetching using Asynchronous IO - proposal and patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> Also, please split prefetching of regular index scans into a separate patch.
> It's orthogonal to doing async I/O; we could prefetch regular index scans
> with posix_fadvise too, and AIO should be useful for prefetching other
> stuff.

That patch already happened on the list, and it wasn't a win in many
cases. I'm not sure it should be proposed independently of this one.
Maybe a separate patch, but it should be considered dependent on this.

I don't have an archive link at hand atm, but I could produce one later.

Сообщение: Re: PQgetssl() and alternative SSL implementations
Сообщение: Re: PQgetssl() and alternative SSL implementations