Re: Very long deletion time on a 200 GB database

От Claudio Freire
Тема Re: Very long deletion time on a 200 GB database
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Reuven M. Lerner <reuven@lerner.co.il> wrote:
> I just checked, and work_mem is set to 30 MB.  That seems a bit low to me,
> given the size of the database and the fact that we're doing so much sorting
> and subselecting.  Am I right that we should push that up some more?

You can certainly increase work_mem **for the delete** (which you can
do by issuing "set work_mem='something'" just before the delete - it
will only apply to that connection), but bear in mind that work_mem is
the amount of memory each connection can use for each operation. Total
usage can go way higher than max_connections * work_mem, depending on
the kind of queries you have.

Сообщение: Re: Very long deletion time on a 200 GB database
Сообщение: Re: Very long deletion time on a 200 GB database