Re: Insert performance for large transaction with multiple COPY FROM

От Claudio Freire
Тема Re: Insert performance for large transaction with multiple COPY FROM
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Horst Dehmer <horst.dehmer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, the ids is something I don't like either.
> They carry additional semantics, which I cannot make go away.
> How are chances char(20) is more time efficient than numeric(20)?
> Disk space is no problem here.

What are the other tables like then?

The exact data types involved are at issue here, so it matters.

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Insert performance for large transaction with multiple COPY FROM
Сообщение: Re: Insert performance for large transaction with multiple COPY FROM