Re: How to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 with replication?

От Claudio Freire
Тема Re: How to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 with replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Matheus de Oliveira
<matioli.matheus@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > If you have incremental backup, a restore_command on recovery.conf seems
>> > better than running rsync again when the slave get out of sync. Doesn't
>> > it?
>>
>> What do you mean?
>>
>> Usually, when it falls out of sync like that, it's because the
>> database is undergoing structural changes, and the link between master
>> and slave (both streaming and WAL shipping) isn't strong enough to
>> handle the massive rewrites. A backup is of no use there either. We
>> could make the rsync part of a recovery command, but we don't want to
>> be left out of the loop so we prefer to do it manually. As noted, it
>> always happens when someone's doing structural changes so it's not
>> entirely unexpected.
>>
>> Or am I missing some point?
>

> What I meant is that *if* you save you log segments somewhere (with
> archive_command), you can always use the restore_command on the slave side
> to catch-up with the master, even if streaming replication failed and you
> got out of sync. Of course if you structural changes is *really big*,
> perhaps recovering from WAL archives could even be slower than rsync (I
> really think it's hard to happen though).

I imagine it's automatic. We have WAL shipping in place, but even that
gets out of sync (more segments generated than our quota on the
archive allows - we can't really keep more since we lack the space on
the server we put them).

Сообщение: Re: How to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 with replication?
Сообщение: Re: How to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 with replication?