Re: default SSL compression (was: libpq compression)

От Claudio Freire
Тема Re: default SSL compression (was: libpq compression)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Finally we deny MD5 - I have no idea why we do that.

Because it's broken, same motivation as in the thread for implementing
ZK authentication.

Also, I seem to have missed something because the thread subject
mentions compression whereas I've seen no mention of it in the
discussion (maybe I just missed it). But, in any case, I would like to
point out this[0]. I'm not sure it's readily applicable to PG's wire
protocol, but just in case I mention it.

[0] http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=976ED08F-CB4A-23DA-FFDA0419B8750B72