Fwd: Add red-black tree missing comparison searches

От Steve Chavez
Тема Fwd: Add red-black tree missing comparison searches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Steve Chavez <steve@supabase.io>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 at 18:14
Subject: Re: Add red-black tree missing comparison searches
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com>

Thanks Alexander!

wrt to the new patch. I think the following comment is misleading since keyDeleted can be true or false:

+ /* switch equal_match to false so we only find greater matches now */
+ node = (IntRBTreeNode *) rbt_find_great(tree, (RBTNode *) &searchNode,
+ keyDeleted);

Maybe it should be the same used for searching lesser keys:

+ /*
+ * Find the next key.  If the current key is deleted, we can pass
+ * equal_match == true and still find the next one.
+ */

On Wed, 6 Jul 2022 at 13:53, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Steve!

On Sat, Jul 2, 2022 at 10:38 PM Steve Chavez <steve@supabase.io> wrote:
> > But I think we can support strict inequalities too (e.g.
> less and greater without equals).  Could you please make it a bool
> argument equal_matches?
>
> Sure, an argument is a good idea to keep the code shorter.
>
> > Could you please extract this change as a separate patch.
>
> Done!

Thank you!

I did some improvements to the test suite, run pgindent and wrote
commit messages.

I think this is quite straightforward and low-risk patch.  I'm going
to push it if no objections.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov