Re: Buffer Requests Trace

От Lucas Lersch
Тема Re: Buffer Requests Trace
Дата
Re: Buffer Requests Trace
Список pgsql-hackers
So is it a possible normal behavior that running tpcc for 10min only access 50% of the database? Furthermore, is there a guideline of parameters for tpcc (# of warehouses, execution time, operations weight)?

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 15 October 2014 13:44, Lucas Lersch <lucaslersch@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am recording the BufferDesc.tag.blockNum for the buffer along with the
> spcNode, dbNode, relNode, also present in the tag.

The TPC-C I/O is random, so if you run it for longer you should see a wider set.

Cacheing isn't possible as a way to improve txn rates.

Check that you're touching all tables.

--
 Simon Riggs                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Lucas Lersch