Re: pg_dump broken for non-super user

От Rushabh Lathia
Тема Re: pg_dump broken for non-super user
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 5:35 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > Attached patch implements this change to not LOCK the table in cases
> > where we don't need to.  I'll push this with my other changes to pg_dump
> > tomorrow (and I've included it in an updated, complete, set of patches
> > sent on the thread where those changes were being discussed already).
>
> > Wanted to include it here also for completeness.
>
> > Comments welcome, of course.
>
> Minor suggestion: instead of putting these comments and hardwired
> knowledge here, I'd suggest putting them adjacent to the list of
> DUMP_COMPONENT #defines, creating a symbol along the lines of
> DUMP_COMPONENTS_REQUIRING_TABLE_LOCK.  That approach would make it
> far more likely that somebody changing the list of DUMP_COMPONENT
> elements in future would notice the possible need to adjust the
> requires-lock list.

Good thought, I'll do that.

+1

I liked the new approach, initially when I was looking around code
,I also thought about why we need to hold lock on the object
which we are not interested in dumping. That is the reason
I suggested patch with adding check for DUMP_COMPONENT_DEFINITION
&  DUMP_COMPONENT_DATA (but ofcourse that was not perfect)

Tom suggestion for adding DUMP_COMPONENTS_REQUIRING_TABLE_LOCK
is the nice way to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Stephen

--