Re: pg_upgrade: make the locale comparison more tolerating

От Rushabh Lathia
Тема Re: pg_upgrade: make the locale comparison more tolerating
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I started reviewing the patch. Go through the original mail thread to understand
the need of fix and the actual problem.

Patch is using pg_valid_server_encoding() to compare the encoding which looks
more correct. Did code walk through and it looks good to me. I tried to test
the patch on CentOS and its working fine. I am not quite knowledgeable
about other OS so on that perspective would good to have others view.

Here are the comment about the patch:

.) Patch gets cleanly apply on master ( using patch -p1 )
.) compilation done successful
.) Code walk through and logic looks good
.) Manual testing worked good for me

To test the issue I set the old database locale to en_US.utf8 and for new database
locale to en_US.utf-8. WIth this when I tried pg_upgrade it failed with "lc_collate cluster
values do not match:  old "en_US.utf8", new "en_US.UTF-8". With the patch pg_upgrade
running fine.

Regards,