Re: [HACKERS] replace GrantObjectType with ObjectType

От Rushabh Lathia
Тема Re: [HACKERS] replace GrantObjectType with ObjectType
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 12:40 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 12/14/17 22:59, Rushabh Lathia wrote:
>> I noted that no_priv_msg and not_owner_msg array been removed
>> and code fitted the code into aclcheck_error().  Actually that
>> makes the code more complex then what it used to be.  I would
>> prefer the array rather then code been fitted into the function.
>
> There is an argument for having a big array versus the switch/case
> approach.  But most existing code around object addresses uses the
> switch/case approach, so it's better to align it that way, I think.
> It's weird to have to maintain two different styles.

Only motivation is, earlier approach looks more cleaner. Also patch is
getting bigger - so if we continue with old approach it will make review
easy. Just in case switch/case approach is a go to, then it can be
done as part of separate clean up patch.

Thanks,
Rushabh Lathia