Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

От Kisoon Kwon
Тема Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

In the PG17 release notes, I noticed it is mentioned as "pg_attribute.stxstattarget" which seems incorrect.
In my opinion, it should be "pg_statistic_ext.stxstattarget" because the "stxstattarget" column is part of the "pg_statistic_ext" catalog.

Regards,
Kisoon Kwon
Bitnine Global (www.bitnine.net)

2024년 7월 6일 (토) 오전 5:53, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>님이 작성:
On Fri, Jul  5, 2024 at 07:51:38PM +0200, Matthias van de Meent wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that PG17's release note for commit cafe10565 is "Allow psql
> connections to be canceled with control-C (Tristan Partin)", but this
> summary seems wrong to me.
>
> We already had ^C connection (query) cancellation for quite some time
> before this patch. What's new with that patch, is that we now also can
> cancel connection attempts with ^C while we're still connecting (i.e.,
> we haven't yet authenticated and are trying to move the connection
> state forward).
> I think a better wording would be "Allow psql connection attempts to
> be canceled with control-C (Tristan Partin)", or "Allow psql
> connections to be canceled with control-C while psql is still
> connecting (Tristan Partin)".

I see your point.  I committed a change to use this wording:

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us
  EDB                                      https://enterprisedb.com