Re: Pg 9.1: Do I need to run vacuum analyze instead vacuum full?

От Anthony Bull
Тема Re: Pg 9.1: Do I need to run vacuum analyze instead vacuum full?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We found the auto vacuum would always kick in during our daily data loads in the mornings and completely bottle neck our system, and in the end had to turn it off and schedule our own vacuum analyze over the weekend each week using crontab.  We do a couple of gigs of inserts a week into our postgres db - and having control of when vacuuming happens is pretty important, as our system is online 24 hours to both northern and southern hemispheres.

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com> wrote:
Em 24/07/2012 18:23, John R Pierce escreveu:

On 07/24/12 2:15 PM, François Beausoleil wrote:
Le 2012-07-24 à 16:36, Edson Richter a écrit :

>I know PostgreSQL from time to time runs automatically the vacuum process.
>My applications grows due lots of data import during the day (about 100Mb/day).
>Do I need also to schedule a Vacuum Analyze to happens from time to time?
I already asked that question for 9.1 here:http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/18664/are-regular-vacuum-analyze-stil-recommended-under-9-1

autovacuum does analyze as it goes.

Thanks, that was the missing point :-)

Regards,