Re: configuring queries for concurrent updates

От Robert Poor
Тема Re: configuring queries for concurrent updates
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Craig:

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM, Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au> wrote:
> That [implementation of UPSERT] is incorrect; it's subject to several nasty races.
> The best article I've seen on this is here:
>
>  http://www.depesz.com/2012/06/10/why-is-upsert-so-complicated/

You're right -- that's a thorough and lucid note.

Heeding depesz's warning that advisory locks are not a GENERAL
solution, they're appropriate for my application: my code is the only
place where data is added to this particular table.  So advisory locks
sound like the way to go -- I'll give that a shot.

Thank you for the pointer.

- rdp

Сообщение: Re: configuring queries for concurrent updates
Сообщение: Re: configuring queries for concurrent updates