Re: Make query cancellation keys longer

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: Make query cancellation keys longer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 3 Mar 2024 at 15:27, Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres@jeltef.nl> wrote:
> + case EOF:
> + /* We'll come back when there is more data */
> + return PGRES_POLLING_READING;
>
> Nice catch, I'll go steal this for my patchset which adds all the
> necessary changes to be able to do a protocol bump[1].

Actually, it turns out your change to return PGRES_POLLING_READING on
EOF is incorrect (afaict). A little bit above there is this code
comment above a check to see if the whole body was received:

 * Can't process if message body isn't all here yet.
 *
 * After this check passes, any further EOF during parsing
 * implies that the server sent a bad/truncated message.
 * Reading more bytes won't help in that case, so don't return
 * PGRES_POLLING_READING after this point.

So I'll leave my patchset as is.