Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 at 23:06, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> > > This does not seem like a mistake to me. I'm not sure why you think it is.
> >
> > I also think the original sentence was correct, but I don't think it
> > read very naturally. Changed it now in hopes to improve that.
>
> So, might means "possibility" while "may" means permission, so "might"
> is clearer here.

Aaah, I misunderstood your original feedback then. I thought you
didn't like the use of "might" in "might appear to work". But I now
realize you meant "may be discarded" should be changed to "might be
discarded". I addressed that in my latest version of the patch.