Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions
Дата
Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 at 10:59, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2024-Mar-08, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
>
> > This works only if '* 'is specified as the only one character in
> > backtrace_functions = '*', right? If yes, what if someone sets
> > backtrace_functions = 'foo, bar, *, baz'?
>
> It throws an error, as expected.  This is a useless waste of resources:
> checking for "foo" and "bar" is pointless, since the * is going to give
> a positive match anyway.  And the "baz" is a waste of memory which is
> never going to be checked.

Makes sense. Attached is a new patchset that implements it that way.
I've not included Bharath his 0003 patch, since it's a much bigger
change than the others, and thus might need some more discussion.

Вложения