Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 at 20:48, Jacob Champion
<jacob.champion@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 4, 2024 at 11:12 AM Jacob Champion
> <jacob.champion@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > What's in the `...`? I wouldn't expect to find the test binary in your
> > tmp_install.
>
> Oh, I wonder if this is just a build dependency thing? I typically run
> a bare `ninja` right before testing, because I think most of those
> dependencies are missing for the tests at the moment. (For example, if
> I manually remove the `libpq_pipeline` executable and then try to run
> `meson test` without a rebuild, it fails.)
>
> We can certainly fix that (see attached patch as a first draft) but I
> wonder if there was a reason we decided not to during the Meson port?

Yeah, that patch fixed my problem. (as well as running plain ninja)

To clarify: I did do a rebuild. But it turns out that install-quiet
doesn't build everything... The full command I was having problems
with was:

ninja -C build install-quiet && meson test -C build

Maybe that's something worth addressing too. I expected that
install/install-quiet was a strict superset of a plain ninja
invocation.