Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Jelte Fennema
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 at 18:53, Maciek Sakrejda <m.sakrejda@gmail.com> wrote:
> Git push does have an --atomic flag to treat the entire push as a single operation.

I decided to play around a bit with server hooks. Attached is a git
"update" hook that rejects pushes to the master branch when the new
HEAD of master does not pass pgindent. It tries to do the minimal
amount of work necessary. Together with the --atomic flag of git push
I think this would work quite well.

Note: It does require that pg_bsd_indent is in PATH. While not perfect
seems like it would be acceptable in practice to me. Its version is
not updated very frequently. So manually updating it on the git server
when we do does not seem like a huge issue to me.

The easiest way to try it out is by cloning the postgres repo in two
different local directories, let's call them A and B. And then
configure directory B to be the origin remote of A. By placing the
update script in B/.git/hooks/ it will execute whenever you push
master from A to B.

Вложения