Re: Speed up clean meson builds by ~25%

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: Speed up clean meson builds by ~25%
Дата
Re: Speed up clean meson builds by ~25%  (Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 5 Apr 2024 at 17:24, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I recommend opening a bug report for clang, best with an already preprocessed
> input file.

> We're going to need to do something about this from our side as well, I
> suspect. The times aren't great with gcc either, even if not as bad as with
> clang.

Agreed. While not a full solution, I think this patch is still good to
address some of the pain: Waiting 10 seconds at the end of my build
with only 1 of my 10 cores doing anything.

So while this doesn't decrease CPU time spent it does decrease
wall-clock time significantly in some cases, with afaict no downsides.