Re: Injection points: some tools to wait and wake

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: Injection points: some tools to wait and wake
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 at 06:27, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> I have mentioned that on a separate thread,

Yeah, I didn't read all emails related to this feature

> Perhaps we could consider that as an exception in "contrib", or have a
> separate path for test modules we're OK to install (the calls had
> better be superuser-only if we do that).

Yeah, it makes sense that you'd want to backport fixes/changes to
this. As long as you put a disclaimer in the docs that you can do that
for this module, I think it would be fine. Our tests fairly regularly
break anyway when changing minor versions of postgres in our CI, e.g.
due to improvements in the output of isolationtester. So if changes to
this module require some changes that's fine by me. Seems much nicer
than having to copy-paste the code.