Re: Search the schema

От Michael Shapiro
Тема Re: Search the schema
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
What motivated me to ask for this feature was that I was looking to see if the dependents/dependencies tabs
on function would show all the objects that use the function and the objects that the functions uses, including other functions, views, etc.
Those relationships, I realize, are not explicitly maintained by Postgres, but if PgAdmin could emulate that, it would be great.
But probably hard, so the search was the next best thing.

Given that functions have multiple signatures (same function name with a variable number of args), I'd like to be able to find all the places
that one variant of the function is used. For example if there is a function A with two variants: A(int,int) and A(int, text) -- I'd like to be able to see where
A(int, text) is used.