Re: Search the schema

От Michael Shapiro
Тема Re: Search the schema
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I do keep the code in a versioning system. And that is a big help. But that doesn't solve the problem of what is actually installed. Searching the schema would be a big help.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Fernando Hevia <fhevia@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 10:59 -0500, Michael Shapiro wrote:
> No, it doesn't.
>
> For example, I want to see if a given string is used within a function.
> I want to be able to see all the uses of a function: in other functions, in
> select stmts in views, etc.

That won't do it. First time I hear someone needs this.

I think that would be a pretty cool feature. As someone who programs extensively on pgplsql I have faced the same need more than a few times.
Of course you will be better off keeping your pgplsql code in some versioning system and do the searches there.