Re: ERROR: relative path not allowed for COPY to file

От Michael Shapiro
Тема Re: ERROR: relative path not allowed for COPY to file
Дата
Re: ERROR: relative path not allowed for COPY to file  ("Katona, Steve" <SKatona@begavalley.nsw.gov.au>)
Список pgadmin-support
It might be the /
Try \ instead

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 8:43 PM, Katona, Steve <SKatona@begavalley.nsw.gov.au> wrote:

I am using pgAdmin 14.1 and then tried with pgAdmin 16.1

I have tried:

                COPY (select * from file) TO '”C:/Dev/test.csv”';

And get the error:

                ERROR: relative path not allowed for COPY to file

SQL state: 42602

Also, when I try:

  COPY temp_import FROM E'"C:/Dev/exponare_data_mgr/exponare_filelist.txt"';

I get the following error:

ERROR: could not open file ""C:/Dev/exponare_data_mgr/exponare_filelist.txt"" for reading: No such file or directory

SQL state: 58P01

I suspect that pgAdmin is not passing the filename in a manner, that the shell on windows7 ,interprets correctly.

I have also tried the same commands from the psql console and achieve the same results.

Under linux the commands work well.

Is there a suggestion for things I change/check to get COPY to work?

Cheers

Steven

Check out all the latest news and events at Council on www.begavalley.nsw.gov.au.

visit http://www.mci.com