Re: BUG #14403: Large numbers of CREATE OR UPDATE function causes memory exhaustion

От Will Pearson
Тема Re: BUG #14403: Large numbers of CREATE OR UPDATE function causes memory exhaustion
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

DO blocks do seem to do what we want. We'll talk with the sequelize
maintainers to try and get a patched based on this incorporated.
Thanks!

I didn't show the server crashes that we managed to create with the
above behaviour.  We think it managed to make our RDS availability
zone failover.

How feasible would it be to try and free the cache entries at the
point of a failed memory allocation before exiting (or maybe
periodically)? I can imagine people using this functionality in a
saner way than us and a malicious user hammering that sane usage and
causing problems.

Thanks again for your help,

  Will Pearson

```WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back
the current transaction and exit, because another server process
exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat your command.
DEBUG:  proc_exit(-1): 0 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(-1): 0 before_shmem_exit callbacks to make
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(-1): 0 on_shmem_exit callbacks to make
DEBUG:  proc_exit(-1): 0 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(-1): 0 on_shmem_exit callbacks to make
DEBUG:  proc_exit(-1): 0 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  writing stats file "pg_stat/db_16400.stat"
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(-1): 0 on_shmem_exit callbacks to make
DEBUG:  proc_exit(-1): 0 callbacks to make
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back
the current transaction and exit, because another server process
exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat your command.
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(-1): 0 before_shmem_exit callbacks to make
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(-1): 0 on_shmem_exit callbacks to make
DEBUG:  proc_exit(-1): 0 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  reaping dead processes
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(-1): 0 before_shmem_exit callbacks to make
DEBUG:  server process (PID 71) exited with exit code 2
DETAIL:  Failed process was running: SELECT "id", "username",
"createdAt", "updatedAt" FROM "People" AS "Person" WHERE
"Person"."username" = 'aaa-1973721468-bb@example.com' LIMIT 1;
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(-1): 0 on_shmem_exit callbacks to make
DEBUG:  proc_exit(-1): 0 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  removing temporary stats file "pg_stat_tmp/db_16400.stat"
DEBUG:  reaping dead processes
DEBUG:  server process (PID 69) exited with exit code 2
DETAIL:  Failed process was running: SELECT "id", "username",
"createdAt", "updatedAt" FROM "People" AS "Person" WHERE
"Person"."username" = 'aaa-604124768-bb@example.com' LIMIT 1;
DEBUG:  writing stats file "pg_stat/db_0.stat"
DEBUG:  removing temporary stats file "pg_stat_tmp/db_0.stat"
DEBUG:  reaping dead processes
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(-1): 0 before_shmem_exit callbacks to make
DEBUG:  reaping dead processes
DEBUG:  server process (PID 68) was terminated by signal 9: Killed
DETAIL:  Failed process was running: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
pg_temp.testfunc(OUT response "People", OUT sequelize_caught_exception
text) RETURNS RECORD AS $func_46fb58d873b34b40b4ace61f7ac30040$ BEGIN
INSERT INTO "People" ("id","username","createdAt","updatedAt") VALUES
(DEFAULT,'aaa-1616469740-bb@example.com','2016-10-27 14:15:07.166
+00:00','2016-10-27 14:15:07.166 +00:00') RETURNING * INTO response;
EXCEPTION WHEN unique_violation THEN GET STACKED DIAGNOSTICS
sequelize_caught_exception = PG_EXCEPTION_DETAIL; END
$func_46fb58d873b34b40b4ace61f7ac30040$ LANGUAGE plpgsql; SELECT
(testfunc.response).*, testfunc.sequelize_caught_exception FROM
pg_temp.testfunc(); DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS pg_temp.testfunc();
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(-1): 0 on_shmem_exit callbacks to make
DEBUG:  proc_exit(-1): 0 callbacks to make
DEBUG:  reaping dead processes
DEBUG:  reaping dead processes
DEBUG:  server process (PID 24) exited with exit code 2
DETAIL:  Failed process was running: select count(*) from "People";
DEBUG:  reaping dead processes
DEBUG:  sending signal 9 to process 70
DEBUG:  reaping dead processes
DEBUG:  server process (PID 70) was terminated by signal 9: Killed
DETAIL:  Failed process was running: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
pg_temp.testfunc(OUT response "People", OUT sequelize_caught_exception
text) RETURNS RECORD AS $func_21fe0323d32f40bb817efe5a470becc9$ BEGIN
INSERT INTO "People" ("id","username","createdAt","updatedAt") VALUES
(DEFAULT,'aaa--1665959435-bb@example.com','2016-10-27 14:15:07.168
+00:00','2016-10-27 14:15:07.168 +00:00') RETURNING * INTO response;
EXCEPTION WHEN unique_violation THEN GET STACKED DIAGNOSTICS
sequelize_caught_exception = PG_EXCEPTION_DETAIL; END
$func_21fe0323d32f40bb817efe5a470becc9$ LANGUAGE plpgsql; SELECT
(testfunc.response).*, testfunc.sequelize_caught_exception FROM
pg_temp.testfunc(); DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS pg_temp.testfunc();
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing