Re: Slony error please help

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Slony error please help
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 12:47 AM, Jan Wieck <jan@wi3ck.info> wrote:

The only thing I can imagine would be that there is another slony cluster (or
remnants of it) hanging around in the 9.4 installation, possibly in another database.

That does reproduce the problem. I ran the new doc/pgbench-tutorial through steps
01, 02 and 03 with a 9.4/2.2.2 installation. Upgraded to 9.4/2.2.5 but left out the
UPDATE FUNCTIONS for node 3. I could have created a fourth database and just
run INIT CLUSTER against that.

I then installed 9.5/2.2.5 in parallel and the pg_upgrade run looks like this:

(venv)[postgres@db1 pgbench-tutorial]$ pg_upgrade -b /var/lib/pgsql/test_94/bin -B /var/lib/pgsql/test_95/bin -d /opt/pgsql/test_94 -D /opt/pgsql/test_95 -p 54394 -P 54395 -c
Performing Consistency Checks
-----------------------------
Checking cluster versions                                   ok
Checking database user is the install user                  ok
Checking database connection settings                       ok
Checking for prepared transactions                          ok
Checking for reg* system OID user data types                ok
Checking for contrib/isn with bigint-passing mismatch       ok
Checking for presence of required libraries                 fatal

Your installation references loadable libraries that are missing from the
new installation.  You can add these libraries to the new installation,
or remove the functions using them from the old installation.  A list of
problem libraries is in the file:
    loadable_libraries.txt

Failure, exiting
(venv)[postgres@db1 pgbench-tutorial]$ cat loadable_libraries.txt
Could not load library "$libdir/slony1_funcs.2.2.2"
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/slony1_funcs.2.2.2": No such file or directory

If I drop the offending database or run UPDATE FUNCTIONS in it, pg_upgrade is happy.

Regards, Jan

--
Jan Wieck
Senior Postgres Architect