Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend

От Joshua Brindle
Тема Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 8:46 AM Joshua Brindle
<joshua.brindle@crunchydata.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 6:59 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> >
> > > On 23 Nov 2021, at 23:39, Joshua Brindle <joshua.brindle@crunchydata.com> wrote:
> >
> > > It no longer happens with v49, since it was a null deref of the pr_fd
> > > which no longer happens.
> > >
> > > I'll continue testing now, so far it's looking better.
> >
> > Great, thanks for confirming.  I'm still keen on knowing how you triggered the
> > segfault so I can ensure there are no further bugs around there.
> >

> It happened when I ran psql with hostssl on the server but before I'd
> initialized my client certificate store.

I don't know enough about NSS to know if this is problematic or not
but if I try verify-full without having the root CA in the certificate
store I get:

$ /usr/pgsql-15/bin/psql "host=localhost sslmode=verify-full user=postgres"
psql: error: SSL error: Issuer certificate is invalid.
unable to shut down NSS context: NSS could not shutdown. Objects are
still in use.