Re: How to generate random bigint

От Phillip Diffley
Тема Re: How to generate random bigint
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you for all the suggestions! I ended up using pgcrypto's
pg_random_bytes() to build the random int. I haven't fully tested the
function yet, but it looks like this works.

CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS pgcrypto;
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION gen_random_int() RETURNS INT8 AS $$
DECLARE
bytes bytea;
BEGIN
bytes := gen_random_bytes(8);