Re: Proposal: Drop support for Internet Explorer

От richard coleman
Тема Re: Proposal: Drop support for Internet Explorer
Дата
Re: Proposal: Drop support for Internet Explorer
Список pgadmin-support
Dave,

Seeing that IE isn't standards compliant and not only is not being further developed, but Microsoft is actively discouraging its use, it is probably time to drop support for it.

I would caution *against* using browser analytics as any sort of proxy for use.  Since pgAdmin 4 lacks a UI of its own, I rely on an instance of Chromium (or Vivalidi, or Firefox, depending on the machine) to run pgAdmin under.  In every case, the browser that I am *running* pgAdmin 4 under is *not* the same browser that I use to browse websites, and so would never show up in your analytics.

Just something to keep in mind,

rik.