Re: pgAdmin 4 ignores its own config option: "BrowserCommand"

От richard coleman
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 ignores its own config option: "BrowserCommand"
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Tutiluren,

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 6:16 PM <tutiluren@tutanota.com> wrote:
I don't know what you mean by right-clicking on the pgAdmin 4 Taskbar icon and selecting "Configure", because no such thing appears when I do that. The only other option other than running it is "Unpin".

> Here are a few pictures (from Windows 10) that I hope will illustrate:
> the notification icon in the taskbar (the blue elephant, it might be hidden)
pgAdmin4_notification_icon.png

>The context menu when you right-click that icon
pgAdmin4_notification_context_menu.png

>The dialog box that appears when you select 'Configure'
pgAdmin4_configure_dialog.png
 > and yes even though I took these on a Windows 10 machine (not my usual one) the example string in the 'Browser Command' text box is linux/macOs.

As for the quotes around the path, it's required for the path to the Firefox.exe to be recognized properly. I did try without quotes around %URL%, though. Same thing. It doesn't run the command.

I don't know what you mean by "it" in "I can't say whether or not it honors alternate profiles", but pgAdmin doesn't need to support anything whatsoever; it's all about what Firefox does with the command parameters... but that command is not being sent. pgAdmin 4 appears to be ignoring its own config setting.

> it refers to pgAdmin4.  The question I was wondering about was whether pgAdmin4 sends the complete browser command, or if the syntax was somehow incorrect.

9 Aug 2019, 00:05 by rcoleman.ascentgl@gmail.com:
tutiluren,

I am sorry to read that you are still having difficulties.  The MASTER_PASSWORD_REQUIRED string is documented in the pgAdmin4 documentation located here: https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/development/master_password.html .  As for the BrowserCommand I usually set it in the configure dialog that I get to by right clicking on the elephant taskbar icon and selecting "Configure".  My command is: chromium-browser %URL% , this is stored as:
BrowserCommand=chromium-browser %URL%
in my pgadmin4.conf file.  Notice there are no " around the arguments, unlike your string.  Yes, the config.py, config_distro.py and config_local.py all contain keywords in the ALL_CAPS_SEPARATED_BY_UNDERSCORES while the pgadmin4.config file uses MixedCaseAllRunTogether.  It is a bit inconsistent.

I can't say whether or not it honors alternate profiles, as I just use an alternate browser, but perhaps it didn't like all of your quotes.

I hope that helps,

rik.