Re: Server vacuuming the same table again and again

От Ilya Kosmodemiansky
Тема Re: Server vacuuming the same table again and again
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Dmitry,

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 9:47 AM, Дмитрий Шалашов <skaurus@gmail.com> wrote:
> cancelled autovacuum and it seems to help.

> In the morning autovacuum was back. And then it finished and I gone to work.

Actually, thise two things are tightly bound and there is no chance to
avoid vacuum, you can only postpone it, this kind of work eventually
supposed to be done.

What you really need to do as a first thing - configure your
autovacuum aggressively enough and then mayde ionice autovacuum
instead of mission critical ckeckpointer or bgwriter.

Which exact values have you in the following settings:

 autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor
 autovacuum_analyze_threshold
 autovacuum_freeze_max_age
 autovacuum_max_workers