Re: pgagent hangs forever in "r" state

От Ashesh Vashi
Тема Re: pgagent hangs forever in "r" state
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Sanket Mehta <sanket.mehta@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

As per our discussion, I have tried to reproduce the issue, but it seems jobs are running fine without any problem.
Hence the issue is not reproducible on my system.
Josh,

As we're unable to reproduce the issue at our end, can you please generate the logs after setting the log level to debug2 (i.e. -l2) for analyzing the issue?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi

Regards,
Sanket Mehta
Sr Software engineer
Enterprisedb

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
On 07/20/2015 08:01 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>> Suggestion to resolve the issue:
>>
>>          get the max value of ID from table before insert query and run the
>> sequence till we get the max(ID)+1 and then we execute the insert statement
>> with this new value as ID.
>
> We're not doing that - it'll be a performance killer. The user needs
> to not muck about with their sequences.

Yeah, pgagent doesn't need to cope with sequence failures.  That's the
DBA's job to fix.

> The real questions are:
>
> 1) Why doesn't the insert error appear in the pgAgent log?
>
> 2) Can you reproduce Josh's issue where the first step in a job runs,
> but the second doesn't (without touching the sequences)?

Particularly, *after* the sequence errors are fixed, do the jobs now run
normally?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.