Re: PoC: Little improvements to EditGrid - Enum ComboBox

От Ashesh Vashi
Тема Re: PoC: Little improvements to EditGrid - Enum ComboBox
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 6:39 AM, Dickson S. Guedes <listas@guedesoft.net> wrote:
2012/6/6 Dickson S. Guedes <listas@guedesoft.net>:
> I'm starting some proof-of-concept working on frmEditGrid trying make
> some "improvements" like:
>
> 1) show a combo box in columns of type enum;

There isn't changes to this code comparing to previous initial patch,
but I'm getting segfault when the combo box is open and you press
'Delete' to delete some letter. I'm sure that I'm missing something,
but couldn't figure it out.
I guess - you may need to implement KILL FOCUS event on combo-box.
--
Ashesh

The combo values are "cached" because they are fetched when the combo
box control is set as a CellEditor for a particular cell in the grid,
that happens once.

Should I implement this behavior in another way, i. e. re-fetching
values from database each time I call BeginEdit then the combo is
always in sync with database?

> 2) show a datetime picker in columns of type date/time/timestamp;

The goals to this item is change actual CellEditor of the following types:

PGOID_TYPE_DATE
PGOID_TYPE_TIME
PGOID_TYPE_TIMESTAMP
PGOID_TYPE_TIMETZ
PGOID_TYPE_TIMESTAMPTZ

to a CellEditor that keeps the actual behavior of typing the values in
a textbox plus the option to pick a value from a respective picker.

This patch's version contains the implementation for PGOID_TYPE_DATE
and PGOID_TYPE_TIME using wxCalendarBox and wxTimeSpinCtl.

Thoughts?

--
Dickson S. Guedes
mail/xmpp: guedes@guedesoft.net - skype: guediz