Re: PATCH: Preferences/Options dialog

От Ashesh Vashi
Тема Re: PATCH: Preferences/Options dialog
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 7:09 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

Please find the patch adding support for the preferences/options dialog.
Initial patch was shared by Khushboo with me, but - I made some design changes.

With this patch:
* Each preferences can be saved/retrieved per module basis.
* An object is created which represent that module in the preferences by default.
* Module needs to override the register_preferences(...) method to register certain preference.
* You can access other modules preference using static methods of the preferences.
* A collection module (PGChildModule) will register show_node_<NODE_TYPE>, and also refers the 'show_system_objects' in it, which can be accessed using self.pref_show_system_objects, or can use class property 'show_system_obejcts', also there is one more property 'show_node', which uses the 'pref_show_node' object of that module.

I've done an initial review:
Thanks.

- The patch has bit-rotted, and needs to be rebased.
Done.

- web/pgadmin/preferences/__init__.py has an out of date copyright notice with no blank line after it, and no pydoc comment to introduce the file.
Done.

I don't see anything else that seems horrendously wrong at the moment, but will look more closely once the rebase has been done.
Please find the updated patch.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com