Re: SSH Tunneling Patch

От Ashesh Vashi
Тема Re: SSH Tunneling Patch
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

We adopted few configuration from libssh2 related to validate and check existance of different dependent libraries/packages required by libssh2.
(i.e. openssl, libz, etc.)

libssh2 configuration does adopted few acconfig functions from gettext (found under libssh2/m4 directory).
Hence, we also need to adopt them from the libssh2 in order to allow the same configurations to work seemlessly.

If gettext (devel package) is installed on a system, they will not face such issue. (AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS undefined, when running bootstrap).

This patch will solve this problem on all the systems.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Akshay Joshi
<akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave
>

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I committed the patch a little while back after testing successfully
>> on Linux, Windows and Mac and adding some docs. Unfortunately, since
>> then I've seen the following issues:
>>
>> - On OS X Tiger 10.4 (the EDB machine Tanaka), I got a compile failure:
>>
>> utils/sshTunnel.cpp:46: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*
>> (*)(int, const void*, char*, size_t)' to 'const char* (*)(int, const
>> void*, char*, socklen_t)'
>> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../pgadmin/include/libssh2
>> -I../pgadmin/include   -I/usr/local/pgsql-9.2/include
>> -I/usr/local/pgsql-9.2/include/server -I/usr/local/pgsql-9.2/include
>> -DPG_SSL -DHAVE_CONNINFO_PARSE
>> -I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/mac-unicode-release-static-2.8
>> -I/usr/local/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES
>> -D__WXMAC__ -DEMBED_XRC  -arch i386 -arch ppc
>> -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/include
>> -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -DHAVE_OPENSSL_CRYPTO  -O2 -c -o
>> libssh2/packet.o libssh2/packet.c
>> utils/sshTunnel.cpp:46: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*
>> (*)(int, const void*, char*, size_t)' to 'const char* (*)(int, const
>> void*, char*, socklen_t)'
>> lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/tmp//cceIHDrK.out
>>
>> Note that this was with a multi-arch build, configured with
>> "./configure --enable-appbundle --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql-9.2
>> --with-arch-ppc --with-arch-i386 --disable-dependency-tracking". I
>> also tried a build with "./configure --enable-appbundle
>> --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql-9.2 --with-arch-i386" and that failed
>> similarly
>>
>> - The pgAdmin Jenkins build failed at the bootstrap step -
>>
>> http://developer.pgadmin.org:8080/job/pgAdmin%20master%20branch/69/console.
>> This machine is a Debian Squeeze box. Installing Gettext (per a
>> comment you made earlier in the development of this patch) fixed the
>> problem, but I find it odd that that is required.
>

>    Ashesh has helped me to fix the issue of AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS. With this
> fix Gettext is not required. Attached is the patch file. Please review it
> and if it looks good then can you please commit it.

Hi

Can you explain what it does to fix the issue please? I'm very far
from being an autotools expert.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com