Re: disable create server

От Ashesh Vashi
Тема Re: disable create server
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 4:01 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 4:24 AM Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 3:56 AM Pavy Manuel <Manuel.Pavy@cnes.fr> wrote:
Hello,

I'm new in the pgadmin list.
I try to deploy pgadmin4 on my company but I want to manage the connections (server in pgadmin) the users can create.
So, I've found the line 84 of pgadmin/dashboard/templates/dashboard/welcome_dashboard.html to disable the link :
pgAdmin saves server list per user.
You may need to keep that in mind.

, but I don't find how to disable the context menu in the right of the dashboard (each try has no impact on the application, perhaps caused by some cache or something like that).

Can someone help me please ? Is there any other way to do what I want ?

I didn't get the idea of stopping users to create servers. If any user has database access (may be limited) then he should be able to create it and manage it as pgAdmin just connects the database with the given details in the server dialog.

It seems like a reasonable request to me - for example, to stop students adding random servers to a shared instance of pgAdmin that they're only supposed to be using for coursework.
Agreed.

-- Thanks, Ashesh

--
Dave Page