Re: [Design Update] Visual design of query editor and results table

От Ashesh Vashi
Тема Re: [Design Update] Visual design of query editor and results table
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 3:26 AM, Shirley Wang <swang@pivotal.io> wrote:
Hello Hackers!

If you have any feedback on this e-mail or product design in general, please let us know! Reply directly or fill out this form.

Current work
We have been working on the visual design of the query editor tool. Goal is to make it easier to focus on the text editor and results table as well as improve the interaction for highlighting rows and columns.

Mockups

01 Data Output table
02 - results table copy.png
02 Select a column (click on row header)
select name copy.png
03 Select a row (click on cell in unmarked left column)
select second row copy.png
04 Select all (clicking top left corner of table)
select all copy.png
Looking good in the screen shots.

Questions for the community
- What are your thoughts on the visual changes?
We also support 'Filter by selection', that may require a single cell selection.
Please keep that in mind.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

- How do the interactions for highlighting parts of the table work for you? How would you improve them?