Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Use the python interpreter explicitly while running t

От Ashesh Vashi
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Use the python interpreter explicitly while running t
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 9:55 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Is config.SERVER_MODE the best test here? pgAdmin4.py does it slightly
>> differently now, to allow for users that run in desktop mode but
>> prefer to use their browser (it, in theory, also allows you have
>> multiple configurations (users) by using server mode on the desktop):
>>
>> # Start the web server. The port number should have already been set by
>> the
>> # runtime if we're running in desktop mode, otherwise we'll just use the
>> # Flask default.
>> PGADMIN_RUNTIME = False
>> if 'PGADMIN_PORT' in globals():
>>     app.logger.debug('Running under the desktop runtime, port: %s',
>>                      globals()['PGADMIN_PORT'])
>>     server_port = int(globals()['PGADMIN_PORT'])
>>     PGADMIN_RUNTIME = True
>
> If user has environment variable PGADMIN_PORT to some port, it will give the
> same result, isn't it?

It would, but they should just not do that :-)
Done.

> Do you think - we should check for both PGADMIN_RUNTIME and
> config.SERVER_MODE?

Then they can't run server mode in the runtime, which I believe there
are good reasons to allow (see above for example).
Understood.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company