Re: BUG #17626: Permission denied errors should list role as well as user

От Loren Siebert
Тема Re: BUG #17626: Permission denied errors should list role as well as user
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I think what may be happening here is that the Postgres error and "permission denied for table foo" message are getting caught by the ORM I am using (Prisma) and it is prepending "user=elevated_user" to that but no role information. That's probably the more appropriate place for me to take this up.

Thank you Tom and David for looking into this and for your work on Postgres!

On Mon, Oct 3, 2022 at 8:53 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Basically, a permission check requires two things and the complaint is that
> only one of those things is mentioned in the error message.

No, the complaint is that the wrong thing is shown --- but I don't
know what's showing it; aclcheck_error() certainly doesn't.

There's a separate conversation to be had perhaps about whether
aclcheck_error's standard message *should* include the role name
whose permissions were checked.  I have a vague feeling that that
omission was intentional, but it was so long ago that I don't
recall for sure.  It seems like something that'd be good to show
in more complicated situations with views, security definer
functions, etc.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17626: Permission denied errors should list role as well as user
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17626: Permission denied errors should list role as well as user