Re: Clustered index to preserve data locality in a multitenant application?

От Nicolas Grilly
Тема Re: Clustered index to preserve data locality in a multitenant application?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Kenneth Marshall <ktm@rice.edu> wrote:
We have been using the extension pg_repack to keep a table groomed into
cluster order. With an appropriate FILLFACTOR to keep updates on the same
page, it works well. The issue is that it needs space to rebuild the new
index/table. If you have that, it works well.

It looks like Instagram has been using pg_reorg (the ancestor of pg_repack) to keep all likes from the same user contiguous on disk, in order to minimize disk seeks.

This is very similar to what I'm trying to achieve.

The article is 3 years old. I'd be curious to know if they still do that.

Nicolas

Сообщение: Re: Clustered index to preserve data locality in a multitenant application?
Сообщение: Re: Clustered index to preserve data locality in a multitenant application?