Re: pg_dump --pretty-print-views

От Keith Fiske
Тема Re: pg_dump --pretty-print-views
Дата
Re: pg_dump --pretty-print-views  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Marko Tiikkaja" <pgmail@joh.to> writes:
> Here's the third version of this patch, hopefully this time without any
> problems.  I looked through the patch and it looked OK, but I did that
> last time too so I wouldn't trust myself on that one.

Applied with corrections.

The xml expected output was still wrong - to do that part right, you
need to update xml.out with an xml-enabled build and xml_1.out with a
non-xml-enabled build.

Also, it seemed to me that the patch didn't go far enough, in that it
only touched pg_get_viewdef and not the sister functions.  pg_dump would
certainly want pg_get_ruledef to have the same behavior, and in general
the documentation seems to me to be clear that all these functions have
similar pretty-print-vs-not behavior.  As committed, the pretty_bool
argument only affects PRETTY_PAREN processing for all of them.

I also went ahead and set the default wrap column to zero rather than
the former 79, since it seemed clear that people like that behavior
better.

Was this ever committed into core? Apologies, I'm not very familiar with looking through the commit history of the source code and I don't see anything about this option or pretty-print outputs in the pg_dump/restore docs for 9.3. Had someone asking me about this feature for pg_extractor

https://github.com/omniti-labs/pg_extractor/issues/28

--
Keith Fiske
Database Administrator