Re: replicate per tablespace

От Keith Fiske
Тема Re: replicate per tablespace
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM, Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net> wrote:
Here's an odd question.  Kind of an in the future thing.

I have two db's on two smaller boxes I'd like to combine to one big box.  But one db is replicated and the other doesn't need it.

I know currently you must replicate the entire cluster.  I was just wondering, would it be a possible way forward to support WAL logging per tablespace.  (each tablespace wal's to different directory).  Then, as a logical step, could we support replication per tablespace?

Just kinda thinking out loud.

-Andy

This is more popularly called logical replication. There was a talk about one of the bigger projects to get this incorporated into core at last year's PGCon. It's quite a complex feature to get implemented, so it's probably not going to be around for a while yet. Links to the talk and slides are on the conference website if you're curious to learn more
http://www.pgcon.org/2013/schedule/events/577.en.html

In the mean time, there are several third-party solutions that can provide logical replication, the more popular being Slony & Bucardo. I've been working on one myself as well (Mimeo) that's not quite as advanced as those two, but a little simpler to configure if you just need a few tables replicated.

http://bucardo.org/wiki/Bucardo
http://slony.info/
https://github.com/omniti-labs/mimeo

Hope that helps to answer your questions

--
Keith Fiske
Database Administrator