[GENERAL] Load a csv to remote postgresql database

От priyanka raghav
Тема [GENERAL] Load a csv to remote postgresql database
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Load a csv to remote postgresql database  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am trying to load a csv file of approx 500mb to remote postgres
database. Earlier when the app server and db server were co-located,
COPY command was working fine but ever since the db server is moved to
a different box, the command is failing. I understand that COPY
command searches the file on database server which it is not able to
find and hence is throwing an error. I cannot use /COPY as it is a
psql command. What options do I have to go about this. I need an
urgent answer to this. Thanks in advance.