Re: Show stored function code

От Mephysto
Тема Re: Show stored function code
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Thank you very much for your help. I found that problem is in pgAdmin: I think the problem is in showing multiline text content.

I tried to execute the same query in psql and it show function code correctly. If I execute a search query in prosrc column it  work done.

At this point I think that is a bug of pgAdmin.

Many thanks again.

Mephysto

On 29 March 2012 04:18, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Mephysto <mephystoonhell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> \df+ shows function code.

> well, I'm suspecting operator error, because psql \df+ func queries
> pg_proc. if you don't believe me, fire up psql with the -E switch and
> it will echo all sql it sends to the server and you'll see it queries
> pg_proc.  take the query it runs, and gradually cut it down and you
> should find the reason.  perhaps line formatting is throwing you off
> maybe.

I'm wondering if the OP has accidentally created another table called
"pg_proc".  Usually the system version would come first in the search
path, but maybe he's using a non-default search path?  If this is the
right guess, then the reason \df works is that it qualifies pg_proc
as pg_catalog.pg_proc.