Re: Cast json array to postgres array and preserve order of elements

От otar shavadze
Тема Re: Cast json array to postgres array and preserve order of elements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Great, thanks very much Andrew!

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 7:08 PM Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

On 5/10/20 8:21 AM, otar shavadze wrote:
> When I want t to convert json array into postgres array, I do:
>
>     with t(j) as(
>         select '{"my_arr":[3,1,2]}'::json
>     )
>     SELECT ARRAY(SELECT json_array_elements_text(j->'my_arr')) from t
>

> It works like a charm and I never noticed any problem, but I'm asking
> here just to make sure,  order of elements will be preserved always?
> Is that guaranteed in above example, or not?

yes. The order is significant and the elements are produced in array order.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Cast json array to postgres array and preserve order of elements