Understanding “max_wal_size” and “min_wal_size” parameters default values from postgresql.conf file

От otar shavadze
Тема Understanding “max_wal_size” and “min_wal_size” parameters default values from postgresql.conf file
Дата
Список pgsql-general

According to documentation, for "min_wal_size" and "max_wal_size" parameters

default values are:

For max_wal_sizeThe default is 1 GB

For min_wal_sizeThe default is 80 MB

Then I look this parameters from my database config:

select name, setting, unit
from pg_settings
where name in ('min_wal_size', 'max_wal_size')

Gives result:

name         |  setting | unit
max_wal_size | 64       |
min_wal_size | 5        |

I have 2 questions:

1) Why these values doesn't match default values, which are shown in docs? I never changed config settings at all.

2) Why unit column is empty/NULL for these parameters? What means 64 and 5 values in this case? MBGB? or what?

Why this is not like for example work_mem parameter, when everything is clear:

name         | setting  | unit
work_mem     | 4096     | kB