Re: Enumize logical replication message actions

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: Enumize logical replication message actions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 at 14:59, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 11:50 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 10:37 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > IIUC getting rid of the default from the switch can make the missing
> > enum detection easier because then you can use -Wswitch option to
> > expose the problem (instead of -Wswitch-enum which may give lots of
> > false positives as well)
> >

> Fair enough. So, it makes sense to move the default out of the switch case.

One more thing I was thinking about this patch was whether it has any
impact w.r.t to Endianness as we are using four-bytes to represent
one-byte and it seems there is no issue with that because pq_sendbyte
accepts just one-byte and sends that over the network. So, we could
see a problem only if we use any enum value which is more than
one-byte which we are anyway adding a warning message along with the
definition of enum. So, we are safe here. Does that make sense?

yes. Endian-ness should be handled by the compiler transparently.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh

Сообщение: Re: Enumize logical replication message actions
Сообщение: Re: Enumize logical replication message actions